The program that started it all.
WATERinMOTION® is the premier aquatic exercise program sweeping the nation. WATERinMOTION® reaches over 16,000 aquatic exercisers daily through 400 certified fitness professionals in over 200 aquatic facilities.Our solid seven-year business model continues to receive accolades and to grow through our nationally-recognized leadership team. Having won the Aquatic Exercise Association’s Global award for Contribution to the Aquatic Industry and Instructor of the Year Award, our team of professionals lives on the forefront of exercise programming.
Setting the standard for water fitness programming.
Refreshing member experience every three months through our Wautoship program, WATERinMOTION® provides new choreography, new music and new marketing to inspire this growing fitness community. WATERinMOTION® is a licensed aqua exercise program featuring:
- Comprehensive online certification with an optional 8-hour live program
- Current choreography video
- Companion educational lecture (each 14-20 minutes in length similar to TED talks formatting)
- 55 minutes of energizing and customized music
- Extensive choreography booklets, flash cards, and quick guides
- And a short educational exam guaranteeing a safe, effective and creative class EVERY class.
WATERinMOTION® sets the standard for water fitness programming revitalizing the face of aquatic exercise.
Sign up for Wautoship to get your music delivered quarterly as an instant digital download!
What you can expect in a typical class.
This class opens with large, simple cardio moves to gradually prepare the body and mind for what’s to come.
Gradually increase range of motion and introduce traveling forward and back to enhance cardiovascular challenge.
Travel side to side in this sequence to keep up the dynamic aerobic effects of our fat-burning at an ever increasing pace.
Using speed as an accelerator; enjoy the extra challenge of land moves in the added resistance of the water.
Get into the swing of things with a fantastic variety of team building exercises to enhance the group dynamics of this water pool party!
Work hard to float the body using only your strength and stamina. A low impact activity never left you feeling so high!
Strong upper body toning exercises leave your chest, arms and back smooth and firm. Watch your posture improve week to week.
Strengthen and firm the legs to improve muscular strength and endurance while enjoying the massaging effects of the water.
Tone and tighten your middle section with exercise you never imagined could do the job so effectively and creatively.
In a beautiful closing to our buoyant workout, drop down a gear to focus on mobility and flexibility featuring the large muscle groups leaving you refreshed and rejuvenated.
Flotation (Bonus Track)
Experience flotation exercise using the noodle to assist you with suspended movement patterns improving your overall fitness level.
WATERinMOTION® offers the benefit of a high energy calorie burning workout without the pull that gravity plays on the body. Experience the cross-training effects that water provides reducing the impact on your joints, specifically the knees and back.
- Retains all the general health benefits of regular exercise: lose weight, improved mobility, heart health, reduced risk of chronic illness, enhanced energy levels, improved posture, etc.
- Relieves pressure from the spine and joints facilitating exercise for unique populations.
- Reduces impact and creates less soreness than land based exercise.
- Requires little or no prior experience for participants to feel comfortable and have a great workout experience.
- Anyone who has been given the go-ahead from their physician to begin a fitness program after an injury or to start a workout regimen for the first time.
- Perfect for a land-based exerciser wanting to cross-train in a lower impact environment while maintaining a high-intensity workout.
- Older Adults can enjoy WATERinMOTION® along with all younger participants and workout at their own pace without the distractions of mirrors.
Drawing on over 100 years of combined experience in the aquatic fitness industry, this certification serves as an important first step into the field of teaching water exercise. A combination of home study and live training, the home study videos and theoretical exams prepare you for the full day practical course in the convenience and privacy of your home. Practical teaching skills utilizing pre-choreographed routines that are memorized serve to enhance your class sequencing, warm-up, progressions, musical phrasing, proper cuing techniques, choreography development and all the skills required to teach your best class, every class. A complimentary take home practical assessment is included, and this course also provides you with all that you need to succeed as an aquatic fitness professional. Additionally, a downloadable 1.5 hour choreography video, downloadable one hour music CD, complete educational manual and choreography booklet, flash cards and notes are included in this comprehensive course.
CECs: SCW (7.0), AFAA (7.0), ACE (0.9), NASM (0.7), AEA (8.0), ACSM (7.0). Click here to get certified